Food & Wine
Caramelised cinnamon and lime pineapple skewers
These delicious caramelised cinnamon and lime pineapple skewers are not only easy and simple to make, but you won’t be able to resist going in for seconds.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
- 1 small pineapple
- 1 tablespoon honey or rice syrup
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Peel pineapple and cut into quarters lengthways, removing the core.
- Slice each quarter into three. In a small bowl mix together the honey or rice syrup, lime juice and cinnamon.
- Baste the pineapple wedges with the mixture before cooking in a grill or frying pan set over medium high heat on each side for 1 minute or until caramelised.
- Remove from heart, serve remaining juices on the side and enjoy immediately.
Tip: Alternatively, cool and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days or freeze chopped pieces for up to 6 months.
Recipe and image courtesy of Australian Pineapples.