Chilled cucumber and avocado soup
As we get closer to spring, this delicious chilled soup is perfect to cool down on warm days, and healthy to boot!
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced (reserve 6 slices for decoration)
- 2 avocados, peeled and de-stoned
- 2 jalapeno peppers, halved and deseeded
- 4 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 20ml extra virgin olive oil
- 100g natural yoghurt
- 40g crème fraiche
- 200ml chicken or vegetable broth
- 5-10g fresh dill
- 1 lemon, juice only
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cucumber slices
- Dill sprigs
- 1 tomato, deseeded and diced
- Hot sauce, such as cholula
- Put all the ingredients for the coup into a food processor or blender and blitz for about 5 minutes until silky smooth.
- Scrape any soup from the sides down and blitz for another minute or two.
- Taste, and add a pinch of salt and some pepper, if you think it needs it.
- To serve, divide between two bowls and top with a good drizzle of olive oil, the cucumber slices, dill sprigs, tomatoes and a few dashes of hot sauce.
This is an edited extract from The Pioppi Diet by Dr Aseem Halhotra & Donal O'Neill, Penguin Books, RRP $24.99.
Republished with permission of Wyza.com.au.