Banana & mango frozen yoghurt pops
With summer right around the corner, these banana and mango frozen yoghurt pops are the perfect midday treat for when it’s blazing hot outside. The refreshing snack is not only satisfying, but it’s also delicious and easy to make. Try it out for yourself!
Prep: 15 mins + overnight freezing
- 4 large bananas (Cavendish)
- 1½ cups thick Greek yoghurt
- 2 large mangoes, peeled, fruit chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 200g white chocolate, melted
- 2 tablespoons hundreds and thousands
- Peel and roughly chop bananas. Place into a snap lock bag. Freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
- Place frozen bananas into food processor. Process until finely chopped. Add the mango, yoghurt and honey. Process until smooth.
- Divide the mixture between 8 plastic cups, insert a paddle pop stick into each. Cover and freeze overnight.
- Remove the yoghurt pops from the cups. Drizzle with white chocolate and sprinkle with hundreds and thousands. Serve.
- When fresh mangoes are not available, replace with 1 cup frozen Australian mango or 250g fresh or frozen strawberries or raspberries, pureed.
- Once frozen, wrap the pops either in or out of the cups tightly with plastic wrap to prevent freezer burn. They will keep up to 4 weeks in the freezer.
Recipe and image courtesy of Australian Bananas.