Mon, 19 Feb, 2018
For a healthy and delicious meal you can’t go past this tasty Irish stew – it’s hearty and heart warming.
- 1kg lamb neck chops, trimmed
- ¼ cup plain flour
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 brown onions, sliced
- 1kg potatoes, peeled, roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled, roughly sliced
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Cut chops in half. Place flour and salt and pepper in snap-lock bag. Shake well until chops are coated. Transfer chops to plate, saving lour.
- Heat one-tablespoon oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and thyme. Cook for three to four minutes or onions are tender. Transfer to bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil and increase heat to high. Add half the chops and cook for 4 minutes or until browned on each side. Place on plate and repeat with remaining chops and oil.
- Layer chops and half the carrots, potatoes and onion mixture in pan. Repat layers with remaining ingredients. Pour stock into pan and bring to boil. Cover and simmer for one and a half hours. Skim fat off when necessary. Remove lid and simmer for half hour or until chops are tender and sauce has thickened. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with parsley.