Tue, 4 Dec, 2018
Mum goes viral over controversial babysitter job ad
An anonymous mother is receiving a wave of criticism after posting a lengthy job ad for a babysitter.
The post, which was originally shared on Facebook, reveals the woman’s specific demands for the chosen candidate of the $10-an-hour role.
The US-based woman is on the hunt to hire a babysitter who is also a Trump fan, has no tattoos and is willing to pay for some snacks for her three young children.
“Looking for a babysitter in the area. PM me if you’re interested. Here are the requirements,” she wrote on social media.
The list stipulated:
1. Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Childcare or 9 years of relevant babysitting experience
2. 3 good references with phone numbers
3. Full time availability including weekends
4. Your own car and driving license
5. Native English speaking and preferred second language to teach to my children
6. CPR certified, ideally a CAN license
7. NO history of traffic tickets and NO problems with the law. (I will be running your name through databases)
8. No tattoos. No drugs. No alcohol. No sketchy social media behaviour AND/OR public pictures
9. MUST be okay with my two Pit Bulls
10. MUST be okay with emergency last minute calls
11. Perfect attendance 100% required
12. Willing to pay for some snacks
13. Will love to work with an infant, 3-year-old and 5-year-old
14. Ideally will be a Trump fan
In exchange, I will be offering $10/hr under the table cash. It’s like making $15/hr normally without paying tax. Serious inquiries ONLY.
The mother-of-three’s job ad was later shared to Reddit, where it received hundreds of comments from people who were dumbfounded by her requirements.
One person wrote: “I thought she meant SHE'D be willing to pay for the babysitter snacks. I was like well I guess that's nice, then I realised she meant the babysitters would be paying for the snacks. Lovely.”
Another added: “9 years experience is very specific! Also, would be worried about someone who had the degree and/or experience but was still willing to graft for $10 an hour.”
One user said that a job with so many requirements should result in extra benefits for the chosen candidate.
“A friend of mine did this and one of the requirements was also having a degree at an Ivy League (she did). She was able to stay at their summer home whenever and got to go to Paris Fashion Week. This lady is nuts though.”
“For $10/hr I will come over to watch your TV and eat your snacks. Expect to return to alive children.... that's it,” wrote another user.
Another pointed out that although she wants her babysitter to have a clean record, she’s willing to commit tax fraud to hire them.
“No problems with the law but she's committing tax fraud. Ok then.”
What are your thoughts on this job ad? Let us know in the comments below.