These peanut butter cookies get the mix of savoury and sweet just right. The mixture is also the perfect consistency of a soft yet chewy cookie, but can be baked for a couple of minutes extra to crisp them up. What are you waiting for? Get baking.
- 235g unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (the real kind is preferable to imitation)
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 3 cups + 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- In your stand mixer, or using a hand mixture cream the butter and sugars together on a medium speed until smooth.
- Add the eggs and mix on high until combined. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the vanilla and peanut butter and mix on high.
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, and salt together. Then add in your wet mixture and mix on low speed.
- Once combined, your dough will need to chill for a few hours. Leave in the fridge for at least three hours, or overnight.
- Preheat your oven to 175°C.
- Roll balls of dough of about one to two tablespoons per cookie. Place these onto lined baking trays about 5cm apart.
- Press a fork into the cookies to flatten a little and give a pattern.
- Bake the cookies for 11 minutes or until they are a light brown colour on the edges.
- Allow to cool on the tray for a few minutes, before cooling completely on a wire cooling rack.