Sat, 9 Mar, 2019
Scrumptious peach, coconut and hazelnut loaf
This easy and delicious peach, coconut and hazelnut loaf is the perfect addition to your afternoon tea. Whether you choose to accompany the homemade dessert with a cup of tea or a glass of fresh juice, this unique and fresh recipe is sure to be a hit.
Try it out for yourself below.
Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time: 50 min
Makes: 1 loaf
- 125g butter, softened
- 2/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 yellow peaches, stone removed, finely diced
- 1 ½ cup self-raising flour
- ½ cup plain flour
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup roasted hazelnuts, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease a 6-cup capacity (20cm x 10cm x 7cm deep base measurement) loaf pan and line with baking paper, 5cm above line of pan. Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until pale and creamy. Add egg, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Using a large metal spoon, gently fold in sour cream, peaches and coconut. Sift flours over batter and gently fold until combined.
- Spoon batter into prepared loaf pan. Smooth top and sprinkle with chopped nuts, pressing gently into batter. Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
Recipe and image courtesy of Australian Summer Stonefruit.