Food & Wine
Satay chicken jacket potato
Caught in a pinch with just the basic ingredients? This satay chicken jacket potato dish can keep your dinner exciting with flavoursome spices and sauces that you should already have in the pantry. Pre-cut, frozen and pre-packaged vegetables can also easily take the place of fresh ingredients and herbs where needed.
For those with peanut allergy, replace the peanut butter with the equally tasty tahini.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 400g chicken mince
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoon tamari
- 4 tablespoon Mayver’s Dark Roasted Peanut Butteror Tahini
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 chilli, thinly sliced (optional)
- Micro herbs to garnish
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking tray. Cook the potatoes whole, for 60 minutes or until tender and soft when cut with a knife.
- When there is 20 minutes to go, start making the chicken satay.
- Heat the coconut oil in a fry pan and brown the chicken mince. Add the garlic, ginger, tamari and peanut butter or tahini and mix to combine. Allow to simmer on low heat for 10 minutes. If your mince is getting a little bit dry, add a splash of chicken stock to help keep the moisture in.
- Cut the sweet potato in half and add half the satay to each potato. Garnish each with half the spring onion, half the chilli and half the micro herbs.
Recipe by Monica of @monicayateshealth.
Join our community of over 40,000-plus members today and get the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.
Get all the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.