Food & Wine
Enjoy a prawn cocktail with avocados
These are always popular! Just cut those buttery, delicious avocados in half and fill with the ingredients you use to make a prawn cocktail your family will love.
- 16 cooked tiger prawns, peeled and deveined
- 2 avocados
- 4 lettuce leaves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup (60g) cocktail sauce
- Cut the avocados in half and discard the pit.
- Scoop half the avocado out, adding the flesh to a bowl, to create a larger round.
- Scatter the lettuce evenly across each avocado half and top each with 4 prawns.
- Season and mash the avocado. 5. Spoon across each before serving with a dollop of complementary seafood sauce.
Optional: To make your own seafood sauce, simply mix 1⁄4 cup (60ml) cream with 2 tablespoons (30g) tomato sauce, a splash of Worcestershire sauce and drop of tabasco. Season to taste.
Recipes by 4Ingredients for Australian Avocados.