Wed, 23 Jan, 2019
Chocolate pretzel and marshmallow slice
Home cook hero Lyndey Milan shares a wickedly delicious chocolate pretzel slice recipe.
- 250g shortbread biscuits
- 100g salted butter, melted
- 250g dark chocolate bits (chips)
- 150g marshmallows, halved
- 75g mini pretzels
- 250g pecans, walnuts or macadamias, roughly chopped
- 100g milk chocolate buttons, roughly chopped
- 100g white chocolate bits (chips)
- 395g can condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons salt flakes (optional)
- 125g dark chocolate (melted)
- Preheat oven to moderate, 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Line a 33 x 24 x 4.5 baking traywith baking paper.
- Crush biscuits in a food processor until fine, add butter, just long enough to combine. Press over base of tin and push down. Scatter over dark chocolate chips, marshmallows, pretzels and pecans.
- Sprinkle with the chopped milk buttons and white chocolate bits. Drizzle condensed milk over top. Sprinkle with salt flakes if desired.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until the slice is mostly firm. If the top is browning too quickly cover loosely with a sheet of foil.
- Leave to cool completely or refrigerate. Cut into small squares or slices to serve. Before serving melt dark chocolate in a snap lock bag in a bowl filled with hot water, snip corner and drizzle melted chocolate over slices.
Most slices take time, preparing the different layers and cooking and preparing different layers. This one doesn’t but it is very, very rich. Don’t even think about using skim condensed milk.
Republished with permission of Wyza.com.au.