Entertain with ease: Avocado, garlic and cheese pull-apart bread
Impress friends and family with this fabulous and easy pull apart.
Time to prepare: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Serves: 4 to 6
1 loaf sourdough bread
1 ripe avocado, peeled and halved lengthways
1 tbs olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbs lemon juice
1½ cups grated 3-cheese mix
Salt and pepper to season
1. Preheat oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan-forced.
2. Using a sharp knife, deeply cut the bread into a honeycomb pattern (don’t cut through the base of the loaf).
3. Scoop avocado flesh into a bowl and add oil, garlic and lemon juice and seasoning, and lightly mash with a fork.
4. Gently ease bread open and spoon avocado mixture into the loaf.
5. Repeat using cheese.
6. Place loaf onto a large sheet of foil and loosely wrap. Place on a baking tray and bake for 12 minutes.
7. Uncover and bake for a further 8-10 minutes until hot and golden.