Food & Wine
Nutritious and tasty: Avocado and coconut ice cream
Avocados are bursting with nutrients needed for a healthy body. It’s little wonder there are so many health benefits when a single serve of avocado (1/4 or 50g) boasts healthy fats, fibre, folate, niacin, vitamins C, B5, E & K, potassium and antioxidants!
• 3 avocados
• 1 can (400ml) coconut cream
• 2 tablespoons honey
• ½ cup fresh berries, cherries and edible flowers
1. Cut the avocados in half and discard the pit. Scoop the avocado out, adding the flesh to a food processor.
2. Add the coconut cream and honey.
3. Season with a pinch of salt and puree until nice and smooth.
4. Pour into a paper-lined loaf tin, cover with cling wrap and freeze for at least 3 hours or until set.
5. Serve on a long, rectangular platter garnished with fresh cherries, berries and edible flowers.