Food & Wine
Peach and Weet-Bix muffins
These muffins make great use of Weet-Bix, everyone's favourite breakfast cereal, and provide a great dish to add to any morning or afternoon tea.
- 410g can peaches in clear fruit juice
- 8 Sanitarium Weet-Bix wheat biscuits, crushed
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 cup plain flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ cup lite milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 50g butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Drain peaches, reserve the juice and chop peaches.
- Place the crushed Sanitarium Weet-Bix wheat biscuits, wholemeal flour, plain flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon into a mixing bowl.
- Stir ingredients together and add the chopped peaches.
- Pour the milk and reserved fruit juice into a bowl.
- Add the eggs and baking soda. Whisk to mix.
- Pour the egg mix into the dry ingredients. Add the melted butter.
- Mix together, being careful not to over-mix or the muffins will be tough.
- Spoon the mixture into greased muffin tins.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until muffins are golden and spring back at a touch.
- Allow to cool for five minutes before turning onto a cooling rack.
Have you ordered your copy of the Over60 cookbook, The Way Mum Made It, yet? Featuring 178 delicious tried-and-true recipes from you, the Over60 community, and your favourites that have appeared on the Over60 website, head to the abcshop.com.au to order your copy now.
Join our community of over 40,000-plus members today and get the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.
Get all the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.