Food & Wine
Peach and Weet-Bix muffins
These muffins make great use of Weet-Bix, everyone's favourite breakfast cereal, and provide a great dish to add to any morning or afternoon tea.
- 410g can peaches in clear fruit juice
- 8 Sanitarium Weet-Bix wheat biscuits, crushed
- 1 cup wholemeal flour
- 1 cup plain flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ cup lite milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 50g butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Drain peaches, reserve the juice and chop peaches.
- Place the crushed Sanitarium Weet-Bix wheat biscuits, wholemeal flour, plain flour, brown sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon into a mixing bowl.
- Stir ingredients together and add the chopped peaches.
- Pour the milk and reserved fruit juice into a bowl.
- Add the eggs and baking soda. Whisk to mix.
- Pour the egg mix into the dry ingredients. Add the melted butter.
- Mix together, being careful not to over-mix or the muffins will be tough.
- Spoon the mixture into greased muffin tins.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until muffins are golden and spring back at a touch.
- Allow to cool for five minutes before turning onto a cooling rack.
Join our community of over 40,000-plus members today and get the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.
Get all the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.