Food & Wine
Flavoursome, fluffy and very simple to make, orange muffins are a delicious addition to any morning or afternoon tea. Good luck stopping at one though!
- ½ cup of wheat flour
- ½ cup of plain flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 60 grams butter
- 1 orange
- 100 grams powdered sugar
- To begin, preheat your over to 180°C.
- Sift wheat flour, plain flour and baking powder into a bowl and keep it aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg until fluffy and keep it aside.
- Melt the butter in a microwave, then add powdered sugar and orange juice, beating the mixture well until it forms a creamy consistency.
- Add your beaten egg and mix well.
- After this, added the sifted flower and fold it into the batter with a spoon until it forms a lumpy consistency. Take care to make sure you don’t over-mix it.
- Grease a muffing tray with batter and half fill each with mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
Have you ordered your copy of the Over60 cookbook, The Way Mum Made It, yet? Featuring 178 delicious tried-and-true recipes from you, the Over60 community, and your favourites that have appeared on the Over60 website, head to the abcshop.com.au to order your copy now.
Join our community of over 40,000-plus members today and get the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.
Get all the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.