Food & Wine
Fruity gluten-free muffins
These gluten-free, grain-free, low sugar muffins are the perfect treat.
They only take five minutes to mix up and pretty soon you will have a tasty muffin or six.
They are perfect to eat as they are, or cut them in half and add a pat of butter, load up with whipped cream or, for a richer decadent taste, try a good spoonful of mascarpone cream instead.
Serves: 6-8 muffins
- 200g Almond meal or flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- zest of 1 orange
- 3 eggs, whisked
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 tbsp orange juice
- 1/4 cup cranberries (can use dried but they have added sugar
- 6 medium strawberries, quartered
- Preheat oven to 180c and line a muffin tin with paper cases.
- Combine dry ingredients and orange zest in a large bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients into a medium bowl.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients and fold in cranberries and strawberries.
- Spoon into muffin cases.
- Bake for 18 - 25 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
Join our community of over 40,000-plus members today and get the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.
Get all the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.