Food & Wine
Gluten-free sweet potato and banana muffins
While it might sound a little out of left field, these gluten-free sweet potato and banana muffins provide the perfect snack for morning or afternoon tea.
- 1 large sweet potato
- 3 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup ground almonds
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- To begin, preheat your over to 200°C.
- Peel your sweet potato, boil or steam, then mash in bowl with bananas until smooth.
- Combine vanilla, eggs, coconut oil and honey and combine well.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and mix until just combined.
- Spoon your mixture into lined muffin tins until about 3/4 full.
- Place in oven for approximately 25 minutes. A skewer should be able to come out clean.
Have you ordered your copy of the Over60 cookbook, The Way Mum Made It, yet? Featuring 178 delicious tried-and-true recipes from you, the Over60 community, and your favourites that have appeared on the Over60 website, head to the abcshop.com.au to order your copy now.
Join our community of over 40,000-plus members today and get the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.
Get all the latest Over60 news, offers and articles.