DIY barbecue sauce
Whether you’re cooking ribs, steak or sausages, nothing that brings out the kick in barbecued meat like barbecue sauce. Make your own smoky, rich barbecue sauce with this simple recipe.
- 1 cup tomato pasta sauce
- ½ cup treacle
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon sweet paprika
- Prepare a medium sized saucepan.
- Place all the ingredients in and bring to the boil over a medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat to medium low and simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Do this for about 12 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
- Make sure you taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Set aside for at least 20 minutes to cool slightly before serving.