Thu, 22 Feb, 2018
No one ever says no to potatoes, so put a smile on the faces of your dinner guests with these easy-to-make (and oh so delicious) potato cakes.
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 cups freshly mashed potatoes
- Up to ¼ cup milk, as required
1. Preheat oven to 200°C and grease a baking tray.
2. Sift flour into a bowl and then add butter, salt and the dill. Mix in mashed potatoes and add milk as needed to blend ingredients into a soft dough.
3. Using your hand, make round cakes that are about seven centimetres in diameter and one-and-a-half centimetres thick. Place the cakes onto prepared baking tray and bake for 20 minutes or until golden, without turning. Serve warm.