Wed, 13 Dec, 2017
Are perms about to make a comeback?
Just when you thought it was safe to permanently mount your hair straightener on your bathroom wall, Pinterest has announced that perms are making a comeback in 2018.
Not only that, we’ll all be adding superfoods like maca powder to our coffee and booking in for finger tattoos if Pinterest’s lifestyle trend predictions come true.
Compiling lists from hot topics such as food, travel, parenting, home and beauty, Pinterest can see what its 200 million users are saving and searching to determine the trends for the year ahead.
“Pinterest analysed global saves and search data from 2016-2017,” their spokeswoman explains, “to identify 100 trends in 10 of the top categories that show a sizeable year over year increase in interest (more than a 35 per cent increase in saves or searches), critical mass (more than 250K saves on the topic) and a strong upward trend trajectory during the final 3-6 months of the year, taking into account topic seasonality.”
Here’s a look at some of the top trends predicted for 2018, according to Pinterest:
- Wild and natural curls are to be all the rage. If you haven’t got them, a perm is the go.
- Air-frying food such as potato wedges, to avoid use of hot oil.
- Adding protein powder or maca powder to your morning coffee to supercharge your day.
- Painting your front door in a bright shade is the new way to give your home the wow factor.
- Party balloons won’t just be filled with air or helium – think flowers, leaves and even glitter.
- Small tattoos on fingers allow you to try before you commit to a bigger piece of body art.
- Doing up the campervan will be something to aspire to as people look for more affordable holidays.
- Turning your garage into a workshop for your tools or hobbies.
What do you think, are you interested in any of these supposed hot trends for next year? Would you get a perm? We would love to hear your thoughts in the comments.