Mon, 6 Aug, 2018
Princess Eugenie reveals that she was royally told off for breaking protocol
The Queen’s granddaughter, Princess Eugenie, has revealed that Buckingham Palace’s strict photography rules aren’t just for tourists, but they also apply to the royal family.
In an interview with the British edition of Vogue, the 28-year-old royal shared that she had been in trouble for a photo she recently shared of her father, Prince Andrew, on Instagram.
The daughter of Andrew and Sarah Ferguson had uploaded a photo of her dad standing in Buckingham Place in his Colonel of the Grenadier Guards uniform for the annual Trooping the Colour ceremony.
“I recently got in trouble for posting a picture of Papa in a corridor of the palace that was off-limits to the public,” she said.
The photo, which still remains on her Instagram account, shows her dad in a corridor lined with red carpet, marble busts and paintings.
In the joint interview between Eugenie and her sister, Princess Beatrice, the sisters said they found it hard growing up in the public eye and receiving criticism from the media.
“We want to show people who we are as working, young, royal women, but also not to be afraid of putting ourselves out there,” said Eugenie.
“Nowadays it’s so easy to recoil when you see a perfect image on Instagram – but it’s important that it’s real. We’re real.”
The royals, who describe each other as their “rocks”, are also busily preparing for Eugenie’s wedding to Jack Brooksbank in October.
Eugenie and Jack will marry in St George’s chapel, the same location as Prince Harry and Meghan’s wedding, on October 12.