John Farnham suffers worrying health scare
John Farnham has been forced to cancel his upcoming Australian tour after falling ill.
The iconic 69-year-old star has axed shows that were set to take place in New Zealand this week.
Geelong in Victoria on March 17, as well as Coolangatta in Queensland on March 16 were also cut.
The singer has gone a step further and cancelled shows in April as well, including Perth in Western Australia on the 7th and Wollongong on the NSW south coast on the 14th.
Farnham’s manager, Glenn Wheatley, told the Herald Sun disappointed fans could receive a refund for their tickets already purchased.
“John had minor surgery late last year, nothing to worry about, he recovered from it but got an infection afterwards,” he said.
“The infection was bad enough that we had to cancel shows, and no one is more mortified about that than John. I can think of only a handful of shows he’s cancelled in all the many years we’ve worked together.
“But the doctors want to be cautious and have told him to take it easy, so we’ve had to reduce his workload to one show per weekend. We hope to make up the cancelled shows later this year.”
Wheatley reassured worried supporters of the award-winning singer that John’s health is on track, saying: “There’s no other issues, we just have to make sure he’s ready to get back on the stage.”
Despite cancelled tour dates, Farnham will be touring with the national Red-Hot Summer Tour starting in Bateman’s Bay on March 23rd.