Previously, we’ve brought you the stories of over-60 fitness gurus taking the world by storm, and shown you 15 photos that prove you’re only as old as you feel. Now, we’ve found 10 more incredible seniors who turn stereotypes on their heads, finding success in sport, the arts, and much more. Take a look through the gallery above and read their inspiring stories below.
- 84-year-old Pat and 69-year-old Alicia Moorehead are addicted to skydiving.
- 65-year-old Greta Pontarelli is a champion pole dancer.
- Lloyd Kahn, 81, started skateboarding at 65 and never stopped.
- Robert Marchand is a 104-year-old French cyclist who still trains today.
- Doris Long, 102, took up abseiling at 85.
- 73-year-old yoga expert Duan Tzinfu is more flexible than people half his age.
- Wirginia Szmyt, 78, is a Polish DJ.
- 82-year-old Lynn Ruth Miller became a stand-up comedian at 70.
- Stanislaw Kowalski, 106, is a champion athlete who holds the 100m record in his age group.
- Paul Fegan, 80, is a lawyer-turned-magician.
What do you do in your free time that subverts ageist stereotypes? Share your story with us in the comments below.