It is so simple to prepare and the ingredients are most likely already in your pantry. The good thing is that it can be prepared a day ahead too, making it a perfect choice for entertaining guests.
- 200g Marie biscuits, crushed (about 40 biscuits)
- 100g (about 1/2 cup) salted butter
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup custard (optional)
- Dark chocolate squares for garnishing (optional)
- In a bowl, mix together the crushed biscuits and butter until soft and sand-like.
- Spoon half of it into the dessert glasses and press with a spoon to level it. Keep aside the remaining biscuit crumbs.
- In a saucepan, combine milk, sugar, cocoa powder and corn flour. Mix well until combined.
- Heat until thick, whisking continuously. Allow it to cool, then add in the vanilla.
- Add a layer of the prepared chocolate pudding to the glasses, repeat layers finishing off with biscuit crumbs.
- Top it with the custard or whipped cream, if desired.
- Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours. Serve cold.
Written by Honey James. First appeared on Stuff.co.nz.