My fiance's parents have the most incredible 100-year-old plum tree in their backyard, which becomes weighed down by juicy, dark-fleshed fruit.
On my most recent visit to their place, I was given a bag brimming with sun-warmed plums, and knew I had to use them in a dessert – but it seemed a shame to bake with all of them. So, voila! Individual cheesecakes topped with gleaming slices of dark plum. Don't fret if your cream cheese filling is a little runny, it's meant to be.
- 100g Super Wine biscuits
- 200g cream cheese
- 200ml unsweetened full-fat Greek yoghurt
- 4 tbsp honey
- zest of one lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp good-quality plum jam
- 3 or 4 fresh plums, cut into segments
1. Place biscuits in a zip-lock bag and bash it with a rolling pin until you have chunky crumbs. Divide between four glasses or small bowls.
2. Beat cream cheese, yoghurt, honey, zest and vanilla together until smooth (be careful not to over mix), then spoon mixture over crumbs and chill until ready to serve.
3. Stir jam in a bowl until smooth, then gently stir in the cream cheese mixture, leaving some ripples.
4. Divide plum slices between the cheesecakes and serve immediately.
Have you ordered your copy of the Over60 cookbook, The Way Mum Made It, yet? Featuring 175 delicious tried-and-true recipes from you, the Over60 community, and your favourites that have appeared on the Over60 website, head to the abcshop.com.au to order your copy now.