Macadamia and honey frozen yoghurt sundaes make a healthy, light and heavenly combination, perfect for a sweet brekkie or a dessert after lunch or dinner.
- ¾ cup raw macadamias
- 200ml runny honey
- 500g pot-set natural yoghurt
- 3-4 cups mixed seasonal fruit
- Place the macadamias in a food processor and process until coarsely chopped.
- Add the honey and process to combine. Set aside.
- Place the yoghurt in a bowl and freeze for 1½ hours.
- Remove from freezer and use a fork to stir in the macadamia honey mixture.
- The mixture will not combine completely at this stage.
- Return to freezer and freeze for an hour.
- Remove from freezer and use a fork to break up the mixture as it is starting to set, incorporating the macadamia honey mixture more thoroughly.
- Repeat this procedure 3-4 times in the next three hours.
- Allow the mixture to freeze completely before serving.
- When ready to serve, remove from the freezer for 10 minutes to soften a little.
- Fill glasses with chopped fruit and top with a scoop of frozen yoghurt.
- Sprinkle with roasted macadamias if desired.
What a delicious sounding treat! Have you ever tried a dish like this? Let us know in the comments section below, we’d love to hear from you.
Recipe courtesy of Australian Macadamias – visit their site for more yummy food ideas.
Have you ordered your copy of the Over60 cookbook, The Way Mum Made It, yet? Featuring 178 delicious tried-and-true recipes from you, the Over60 community, and your favourites that have appeared on the Over60 website, head to the abcshop.com.au to order your copy now.