Fresh off winning her first Oscar for La La Land, Emma Stone has claimed the top stop on Forbes’ 2017 list of the world’s highest-paid actress.
The 28-year-old earned US$26 million over the 12-month period from June 2016 to June 2017, mostly thanks to her Oscar-winning performance as Mia, a barista and aspiring actress, in the film La La Land.
Jennifer Lawrence, who claimed the top spot in 2016 and 2015, fell to third on the list.
Australian actress Cate Blanchett made the list for the first time since 2009, with her upcoming role in the Marvel blockbuster Thor: Ragnarok boosting her annual earnings to $US12 million.
The 10 highest-paid actresses of 2017:
- Emma Stone - US$26 million
- Jennifer Aniston - US$25.5 million
- Jennifer Lawrence - US$24 million
- Melissa McCarthy - US$18 million
- Mila Kunis - US$15.5 million
- Emma Watson - US$14 million
- Charlize Theron - US$14 million
- Cate Blanchett - US$12 million
- Julia Roberts - US$12 million
- Amy Adams - US$11.5 million