Steve Martin has become an international comedic icon. His writing career began in 1967 when he wrote The Smothers Brothers Comedy Hour and won an Emmy Award for his work. A man of many talents, Steve is not only loved for his comedy and acting but also his magic, juggling, and banjo playing
Throughout his career he has left his fans with plenty of laughs and iconic one-liners. Here are 10 of his quotes that will put a smile on your face.
1. “Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you do criticize him, you'll be a mile away and have his shoes.”
2. “A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
3. “I like a woman with a head on her shoulders. I hate necks.”
4. “Thankfully, persistence is a great substitute for talent.”
5. “I've got to keep breathing. It'll be my worst business mistake if I don't.”
6. “Comedy is the art of making people laugh without making them puke.”
7. “All I've ever wanted was an honest week's pay for an honest day's work.”
8. “Were they beautiful? We were all beautiful. We were in our twenties.”
9. “You know what your problem is, it's that you haven't seen enough movies - all of life's riddles are answered in the movies."
10. “I thought yesterday was the first day of the rest of my life but it turns out today is.”
What is your favourite quote from Steve Martin? Let us know in the comments below.